Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage
- Certificates of No Impediment are issued to KENYAN CITIZENS wishing to have their marriages, either to Kenyan citizens or foreigners (Non-Kenyans) performed abroad. The Certificate conforms that the applicant is SINGLE and has the capacity to enter into marriage.
- Every Kenyan wishing to marry abroad has to apply for a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage from the nearest Kenyan Mission. The application is then forwarded to the Office of the Attorney General (State Law Office) in Nairobi, Kenya for processing.
- Marriages conducted without issuance of this Certificate will neither be recognized by the Mission nor by the Authorities in Kenya.
- All photocopies must be certified by a notary public. Scanned documents will not be accepted.
1. Two (2) sets of duly filled Application Form (Form No.7);
2. Two (2) photocopies of the applicant’s current Kenyan passport-pages 30-32 & the Bio-Data page (certified by a notary public);
3. Application Letter;
4. Two (2) photocopies of Kenyan birth certificate (certified by a notary public);
5. Two (2) photocopies of the Fiancée’s (spouse to be) passport (certified by a notary public);
6. Application fee of OMR 25 payable to the Kenya Embassy;
7. Two photocopies of A Divorce Decree Absolute or the late spouse’s Death Certificate for divorced or widowed Kenyans (certified by a notary public). These must be in English & if not, a translation provided; (where applicable)
Processing: The certificate takes up to 3 months or more.